Scotland is committed to raising the profile of waste in the public
eye. Our objectives are:
- To influence the actions individuals can take
to deal with waste.
- To influence the reduction of waste produced in
- To increase public awareness and encourage positive
action with respect to waste generation and management.
- To increase the level of personal responsibility
- To overcome inertia and to promote the 3Rs - Reduce,
Reuse and Recycle,
with emphasis on the reduction of waste as a strategy to tackle
the increasing arising of waste.
- To create more understanding and recognition of
the need for waste management facilities of all kind.