The PDF Generator is a free to use online tool that enables you to create and download posters that will aid your company in the segregation of recyclates at source.
- You’ll need to have access to Adobe Reader. If you don’t have this program visit www.adobe.com, and download it to your computer.
- Your company logo must be accessible from your computer. If you do not have access to it, please ask for it on a CD, or for it to be loaded into a folder (E.g. your computer’s desktop) that you will be able to easily locate later.
Your company logo must be either TIF or JPG. Please ensure that it is at least 256KB in size. This will ensure no loss of clarity when the poster is printed.
If you have not used this program you will need to create an account. By creating an account you will be able to store, edit, print or delete any of the posters that you create.
If you already have an account you can enter your email address and password and log in.
Don’t have an account? Click “ Not Got An Account? Sign Up Here”
The program will ask for your Company name, you contact name and an email address. Please enter these details and press ‘Sign Up’
The program will randomly generate a password for you and send it to your email address. If you do not receive your password inside 1 hour please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may now log in with your email address and the password that was sent to your email address.
On this page you have 3 options. You may
- Create a new poster : creates a new poster
- View an existing poster : allows you to view and edit any poster you have already created
- Edit account details : click on this button should you wish to change your company name, contact name or email address.
We’ll assume for now that you want to “Create a new poster”. Click on the small circle and you’ll see it turn green – press “next”
You’ll notice now that the screen changes and towards the top of the screen are 7 Steps. Each of these steps is detailed below.
- Enter a name for your new poster.
It should be something that you are going to remember later. A good example might be ‘Timber poster’ if you intend to make a poster that will go onto a skip that would be holding timber.
- Decide where your poster will be displayed.
Posters to be used on English sites will carry the DEFRA logo, while Scottish ones will carry the Scottish Executive’s logo.
The poster generator will default to Scotland. Use the drop down arrow to choose either England or Scotland.
- This is the step where you will need to upload your company’s logo.
If you’ve not used this program before, or wish to use a new logo, click on “Upload New”
You will notice another smaller screen now appears. In the 1 st box you will need to describe your Logo, type in something that describes the logo you are uploading.
- Now that you’ve named your logo click on “Browse”
The “Browse” button opens up a link between the program and your computer…find your logo on your computer and press “Add”
Note that when you press “Add” the smaller screen now disappears and the program will upload your logo into the box on the left-hand side of the screen.
If you have chosen the wrong logo or would like to change it, press “Upload New” again and follow the steps above. Remember to call the new one by a different name.
- If you’re happy with the logo you’ve chosen, press “Next”
Please note: you cannot use ‘None’. You must choose a logo.
- You now have 2 background choices for your poster.
You may use posters that feature symbols (right hand column) or posters that feature images (left hand column). Please bear in mind that you can create only one poster at a time.
When you decide which one you want, click on the little circle next to it.
- In this step you have to find the correct European Waste Catalogue Code (EWC Code) to go with the material(s) you have chosen on your poster.
Click on the link that says “OfficialEUEWCcodes.pdf” and your computer will open up the European Waste Catalogue.
Most Construction and Demolition waste is underneath “EWC 17” on page 26.
- You must insert all EWC code(s) that relate to the material(s) to be stored in the receptacle that this poster will be displayed on.
For “Mixed” or “Inert” posters you may have to add more than one code.
- You may also add up to 8 codes and delete as appropriate.
Please note: Hazardous Waste must not be mixed in any receptacle. If you have chosen a Hazardous Waste poster you can only add a single EWC code to your poster.
- If you are having trouble with this step or would like some advice, please contact us.
- Enter the text you require to be displayed on your poster. Maximimum 3 lines, 60 characters per line. Example below:
Place only Timber in this Skip
For further info contact Joe
(T) 123 456 789
- This step allows you to change anything you’ve created so far.
- You may now download your poster.
The program has been optimised to allow you to print out your poster in either A4 or A3 sizes with no loss in clarity.
Please contact us if you require any further signage options or need to see another material displayed on this program.