Angus Kerbside Recycling
The Angus 2 bin and a box household waste kerbside collection scheme began on the 24th May in Arbroath.
The following items are allowed in your green box:
- Cans (aluminium and steel)
- Glass (bottles and jars)
- Paper (brochures, contents of junk mail, magazines, newspapers, white paged telephone directories).
- Plastic bottles
The following items are not allowed in your green box:
- Broken glass
- Yellow Pages
What is and what isn't allowed in your green bin.
The following items are allowed in your green bin:
- Coffee grounds
- Flowers and plants
- Hedge clippings
- Lawn mowings and weeds
- Raw fruit and vegetables
- Sawdust and wood shavings
- Small branches and bark
The following items are not allowed in your green bin:
- Cooked food
- Dairy products
What is and what isn't allowed in your grey bin.
The following items are allowed in your grey bin:
- Waste that cannot be recycled.
The following items are not allowed in your grey bin:
- Large branches
After your materials are collected they are taken to a reprocessing plant where:
- Cans are sorted and recycled into new aluminium and steel cans.
- Garden waste is composted into a soil conditioner.
- Glass is crushed and recycled into new bottles and jars.
- Paper is pulped and recycled into newsprint and other paper products.
- Plastic bottles are seperated and recycled into compost bins, kerbside boxes and other plastic products.
YOUR green box will be collected weekly and YOUR green bin and grey bin will be collected on alternating weeks.
Please place the correct bin on your kerbside by 7.30 am on YOUR collection day.
For further information, please phone the Helpline on 0845 2777 778 or email, email@example.com.